Rules & Regulations
||Any organization/individual who submits the application form to be considered for the purpose of the Awards
||Retail Jewellers Guild Awards, 2016
||UBM India Pvt Ltd
||Group of persons selected by UBM India to assist in determination of winners in each category
||These rules and regulations governing the Awards, may be amended from time to time
||Group of persons selected by UBM to assist in short-listing top 5 nominees in each category
To recognize and award participants of the retail jewellery industry that has demonstrated leading practices in
- Business & operational excellence
- Value offering to enhance customer delight
- Innovative practices
- The Awards will be conducted as follows:
|General Awards (Application based)
|Most innovative marketing campaign / idea
||A marketing idea / innovation which has used a media channel to create a significant impact on the target consumer base and has contributed significantly to increased sales.
|Store of the Year
||Recognize the store with the most innovative concept. The concept should have been successful in enhancing product display and footfalls.
- Chain of stores (< 10 stores and > 10 stores)
- Standalone store (< 1000 sq. ft., 1000-5000 sq. ft. and > 5000 sq. ft. retail sales area)
|Excellence in customer service
||Recognize the retailer who has set new standards in providing enhanced and delightful customer experience.
- Sales process initiatives
- After sales initiatives
|Excellence in Design
||The award recognizes design excellence, workmanship and aesthetic value for jewellery.
- Gold Jewellery
- Silver Jewellery
- Diamond Jewellery
- Platinum Jewellery
- Jadau Jewellery
|Employer of the year
||Recognize retail jewellers who have made initiatives towards staff training and education programs, internal communication and ensure overall employee development.
|Jury Recognition Awards (Note 1)
||Recognize the young retail jeweller / designer who is an upcoming talent/ has made significant, path-breaking contribution through specific initiatives / achieved significant business growth in the year through developments introduced
|Lifetime Achievement Award
||Recognize the jeweller / designer who has exhibited outstanding leadership or sustained contributions to the industry
- Store regions are defined as follows:
1. North - J&K, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, HP, UP, Uttarakhand.
2. East - Bihar, Jharkhand, WB, Orissa, MP, Chhattisgarh, North – East states.
3. West - Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa.
4. South - TN, Kerala, AP, Telangana, Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Pondicherry.
- The Award categories may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by the Awards Management and / or Jury based on the number of entries received in any category, and the quality of the entries. The decision in this regard will be final and non-contestable. The Awards management will not entertain any queries in this regard.
Call for entries and participation
- The call for entries for the Awards will be announced in one or more relevant edition(s) of a leading publication, online through the website and / or by direct communication with potential Applicants and / or through trade bodies, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries.
- The application form will also be made available on the website www.retailjewellersguildawards.com
- Awards Management and / or Jury have the right to nominate any person in any award category to build the quality of entries in that award category.
- An applicant can apply in multiple award categories.
- Each application form can be used only for a single entry in each award category.
- A separate application form has to be used to apply for each category wherever applicable
- If additional application forms are required, a photocopy of the application form can be used or additional forms can be downloaded from the website – www.retailjewellersguildawards.com
- Awards Management has the right to reclassify application forms from one category to another, at its discretion
Eligibility Criteria for participation in the Awards
- The category specific eligibility criteria are mentioned on the application form for the respective category .
- The award is open to all jewellery chains / stores.
- Organization must have at least 2 years of registered presence and operations in India.
- An organization cannot participate on behalf of its sister units, parent organization or other organizations under the parent organization.
- Employees and immediate family members of UBM, sponsors and partners of the awards are not allowed to participate
- The final eligibility of the applicants will be subject to the discretion and approval of the Awards Management and Jury.
- Sending an application for the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Rules and Regulations stated herein
- The application may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com
- Send a hard copy of the completed application form and the general information section via courier to:
- Mr. Ritesh Indulkar, UBM India Pvt. Ltd., Unit No 1 & 2, 5th Floor, Times Square, Marol, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400 059, India
T: +91 (22) 6172 7272 ext. 7076 | M: +91 9664219292 | F: +91 (22) 6172 7273
- Last date for receiving completed application forms is 15th August, 2016.
- Receipt of application forms after last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Management.
- Awards Management will not be responsible for application forms that are lost in transit / received late / damaged
- Entries that are unreadable or damaged may not be considered.
Completeness of entries/ Disqualification
- The application form needs to be complete in all respects; else it may be disqualified from participation.
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of the Jury & the Award Management, on a case by case basis.
- If at any time, any information provided by any Applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then that entry will be disqualified from the Awards.
- Determination of whether information provided by the Applicant is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management.
- Applicants may be contacted for any additional information to verify the information provided. Such information sourced from the Applicants will become part of the original application.
- Awards Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information. If such a request is made and the Applicant does not comply within timeline specified from the date the request is made, the Applicant may be disqualified from participation in the Awards.
- Awards Management or team appointed by Awards Management will try to contact the Applicant on best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate.
- In the event it is not possible to contact any Applicant to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Applicant may be disqualified from further participation.
Screening Jury evaluation
- An initial screening jury will evaluate all entries received through the call for entry process from which finalists per category would be selected.
- Jury reserves the right to re-categorize any entry which in their view is incorrectly categorized.
- Jury may disqualify entries if the information provided while submitting the entry is found or believed to be incorrect in any manner.
- In the event no entries in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion in the Awards by the Jury, the award category will be cancelled
- Jury’s decision on the short-listing and disqualifications will be final and binding on all Participants.
- Applicants of shortlisted entries will be contacted to inform them of the selection of their entries, and for further information.
Announcement of Finalists
- The names of the finalists will be disclosed to the public on the Awards website so that people can voice their point of view on the same in the event they have an issue with the entry of the concerned finalist.
- In case of an issue, the complainant must send their complaint in writing (through post or formal e-mail) to the Awards Management within 2 week of the announcement of finalists.
- The Awards management will investigate the complaint (in coordination with the complainant and the concerned finalist) and decide the appropriate course of action to be taken. The final decision will be communicated to all those concerned. The decision will be final and binding.
- The Final Jury will score the finalists based on the application form and other supporting documents.
- There could be one or more winners in each Award category, at the discretion of the Final Jury.
- The determination of who should receive an award for any Award category rests with the Final Jury.
- The Jury's decision is final and binding on all Applicants.
- The Jury may also decide, in order to maintain high standards of these awards, that there could be no winner in a particular category.
- Applicants may be contacted for any additional information or / and conduct field visit may be conducted to verify the information provided.
Validity and Correctness of Information
- If at any time, including after the conclusion of the award ceremony, any information provided by any Applicant(s), is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Applicant will be liable to be disqualified and / or return the Award.
- Determination of whether information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Jury and Awards Management.
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on unforeseen circumstances.
- Awards Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or its ceremony or any part of its processes on account of any factors beyond its control.
- Applicants understand and agree that merely applying for these Awards does not entitle them to a prize or to any other form of consideration.
- Participation in the Awards will be construed as an acceptance of the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
- Information provided by the Applicant will be confidential and will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Applicant's entry to these Awards.
- Decision of Awards Management and Jury on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
- The process is not subject to review of any Applicant. Awards Management will not entertain any communication in this regard from any Applicant.
- Awards Management will not be liable or held responsible for loss of information submitted for participation on account of failure or delay by post / courier etc.
- Applicants permit free of cost, the use of their name, information about them as sourced from public media, and factual information about their participation, in public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony, etc.) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any.
- The Awards Management cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards. The Awards Management and its contractors cannot be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majeure reasons.
- Awards management reserves the right to make the final judgment in case of any ambiguity in rules/ disputes.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the Rules of the Awards at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its Rules amended.
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai.
- The Applicants agree that they shall hold harmless the Awards Management, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to these Awards and shall defend them against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims whether or not groundless, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Award
- In the event these Rules do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Awards, the same will be concluded on by the Jury (for winner determination issues) or Awards Management (for all other issues)
- If Applicants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or have any queries/concerns pertaining to these Awards, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to the following address:
Mr. Ritesh Indulkar, UBM India Pvt. Ltd., Unit No 1 & 2, 5th Floor, Times Square, Marol, Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400 059, India.
T: +91 (22) 6172 7272 ext. 7076 | M: +91 9664219292 | F: +91 (22) 6172 7273
The Company shall endeavor to the best of its ability to respond there to.